Saturday, October 8, 2011

Occupiers Try to Storm D.C. Museum




When we tea partiers went to D.C., many of us visited the museums. We all knew that placards weren’t allowed, and put them aside, so as to enter. No one was arrested or peppered sprayed.

When I tried to enter the Capitol building, a security guard informed me that I couldn’t enter with my thermos, and wasn’t allowed to leave it beside the building. I had to put it in the trash can. Now, I was a little pissed off about that, but I complied anyway. And believe me it was a little embarrassing, when I had to dumpster dive for my property after the tour. But I guess we tea partiers have a different mentality that the Occupiers:

Protesters clashed with security staff when they tried to enter a museum in Washington on Saturday, prompting one guard to use pepper spray and leading to at least one arrest, a spokeswoman said.

The incident occurred at The Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum around 3:15 pm (1915 GMT), after hundreds of activists had marched from Freedom Plaza, near the White House, along the National Mall towards the US Capitol.

Some of those in the demonstration were affiliated with the Occupy DC protest group that sprung up earlier this week as a spin-off of the larger Occupy Wall Street movement in New York, angered at "corporate greed."

Smithsonian spokeswoman Linda St. Thomas said a group of the protesters were confronted when they tried to push through the doors and enter the Air and Space Museum.

"When they were told they couldn't bring the banners they were carrying inside one security officer used pepper spray," she said.

"There were a couple of hundred protesters in the area at the time and Washington police were called. There was one arrest that I know of," she added, noting that the museum closed its doors two hours early because of the clash.

Occupy DC, a young group of several dozen protesters, is camping out at McPherson Square on Washington's K Street, where many political lobbyists have their offices.

The mantra in the above video is the whole world is watching. Yeah, watching you punks make an ass of yourselves.


Source: http://news.yahoo.com/us-protesters-clash-guards-washington-museum-225350979.html

No comments: