Monday, October 14, 2013

North Carolina Newspapers Collude on Medicaid Victims




Anyone who reads a newspaper in North Carolina is well aware that the majority of them are mouthpieces for the Democratic Party.  We are now witnessing a collusion between regional outlets, cutting and pasting articles in an attempt to influence policy decisions in Raleigh.

This past Sunday, the Charlotte Observer featured an article by one of their staff and her co-writer from the News and Observer.  And I’m sure the latter published their version on Sunday as well.  You can read both articles by clicking the links below.  What these two papers did was create a template featuring a victim from their area and proceeded to blame the Republicans for their woes.  It is basically the same article with a different face, in a different region.

I’ve learned a long time ago not to trust the mainstream media, and as with all victim pieces, these reporters usually don’t tell the whole truth.  There are certain qualifications that have to be met for Medicaid.  Below is the link.

The liberals that run these papers are ticked off that North Carolina didn’t accept the “free money” from the federal government that would have expanded the Medicaid rolls an additional 500,000 people.  Yet, they couldn’t care less about the families who are being forced out of their current health insurance policies because of Obamacare.  Here are a few victims who wrote to Rep.  Richard Hudson of North Carolina’s 8th Congressional District:

  • “I just want to put a name with how the Affordable Care Act will affect my family of four. I am 45 years old and self-employed. Under the ACA, a similar policy to what I have now will increase my premiums from $669 per month to $968 per month. The new plan also reduces what my policy pays once I reach my $5,450 deductible from 100% to 50%. I do not qualify for any subsidies or tax credits. This will greatly affect my family and I am uncertain as to how this is considered a fair policy. I am giving this information because I truly do not believe anyone in Washington understands the actual costs to average citizens and the negative impact this legislation will have on our economy as a whole.”
     
  • "I received my “Obamacare” letter in the mail yesterday from Blue Cross Blue Shield. My monthly premium went from a little over $700 to nearly $1,600. Quite frankly, I most likely will join the ranks of uninsured Americans."
     
  • “I am a self-employed mother of 3 including one foster daughter we hope to adopt. My husband is also self-employed. Therefore, we have paid for our own health insurance policies for the past 7 years. I received a letter from BCBSNC this week stating that, due to the ACA, our premium would increase almost $200.00 per month while our benefits would decrease. Our deductible will go from $5,000 to $10,000. I am beyond concerned about what this change will do to my family and our ability to continue to pay for our healthcare. I understand this act was passed to provide insurance to those who could not previously afford it and in 2014 my family will join that plight... I find it outrageous that as a tax-paying American citizen, I do not have the right to choose whether or not I have health insurance.”


Hey all you Observers that infest the Old North State, there are plenty of other victims of Obamacare that you can report on.  But unfortunately they don't  fit your template.





No comments: