Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Orange Man Cryeth!




Speaker John Boehner decried the moniker bestowed upon him by conservatives.  A title he richly deserves after shoving CRomnibus down our throats.

“During my years here when I voted, I had the eighth most conservative voting record in the Congress,” Boehner said Thursday, rebutting the conservative criticism. “And it does pain me to be described as spineless or a squish.”

“And I tell you what pains me the most is when they describe me as the establishment,” Boehner continued. “Now, I’m the most anti-establishment speaker we’ve ever had.

“Who was the guy that got rid of earmarks?” the Ohio Republican said. “Whose the guy who believes in regular order? Me. Who believes in allowing more members to participate in the process from both sides of the aisle? Me. I’m pretty comfortable in my own skin. And I’m going to do my best to show all of our members, Democrats and Republicans, and those members who voted against me, that I’m up to the job I was given.”

Here is what one democrat had to say about Boehner’s CRomnibus:

Retiring representative Jim Moran (D., Va.) says that Democrats got “virtually everything” they wanted in the cromnibus package that’s going to a vote in the House tonight, as he praised the bill in terms that could double as the conservative critique of the legislation.

Moran says that “the Republicans are indicating they need 80 Democrats” and he’s frustrated that Democrats won’t provide the votes.

“In 20 years of being on the appropriations [committee], I haven’t seen a better compromise in terms of Democratic priorities. Implementing the Affordable Care Act, there’s a lot more money for early-childhood development — the only priority that got cut was the EPA but we gave them more money than the administration asked for,” Moran told reporters Thursday evening after exiting a Democratic caucus meeting in which White House chief of staff Denis McDonough tried to convince members to back the bill.


When Democrats praise you, there’s a problem!

Kudos to the 25 congressmen who voted against the orange man.  There should have been more.  It just goes to show you how much of a stranglehold the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other special interest have on Capitol Hill.






No comments: