Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Haunting of Hill House is a Halloween Treat

Image result for the haunting of hill house

Anyone who is a fan of horror has watched the 1963 movie, The Haunting based upon Shirley Jackson’s novel: The Haunting of Hill House. A 1999 remake followed the basic premise of the original. So, when Netflix produced a series on this classic horror film that I’ve watched for the umpteenth time, I wasn’t easily swayed. How many times are they going to rehash this thing? I’m glad I gave it a chance. I can honestly say this is one of the best horror films that I’ve watched in a long time; and that’s saying a lot.

The storyline is completely different than the other two movies and from what I understand the book itself, which is a welcomed surprise. There is a particular scene that summarizes the terror of Nelle that for me was shocking and outright clever. You’ll know it when you see it.

If you’re looking for a Halloween treat, The Haunting of Hill House is the terror food you need.

No comments: