Sunday, May 23, 2010

Charlotte Observer Does a Hit-Job on D'Annunzio

I normally don’t buy the Charlotte Disturber, but this morning I wanted something to read while I ate my breakfast. I almost balked at paying $2.00 for that rag. As far as I’m concerned, that is too high of a price to be subjected to leftist propaganda. I thought how bad can it be? So, I slapped down my hard earned money and left for the restaurant.

I ordered my meal and began to read a piece written by Jim Morrill entitled, ‘Top GOP leaders line up against D’Annunzio.' It didn’t take long to regret my decision. I could have used that $2.00 to pay for the overpriced candy bar just across the aisle. When will I learn?

Morrill writes:

But increasingly establishment Republicans such as Robin Hayes have taken the unusual step of choosing sides in the runoff-against D’Annunzio. Spokesman Andy Sere of the National Republican Congressional Committee said the group believes Johnson will win the nomination.

It is uncommon for a party to be in total fear of one of its own nomination,” said David Wasserman, an analyst with the Washington based Cook Political Report.

It is unusual for establishment Republicans to choose sides in a run-off? Are you kidding me? They usually attack conservatives during the primary! Apparently Jim Morrill is a political novice or he would have remembered establishment Republicans endorsing Arlen Specter over Pat Toomey; or Lincoln Chaffey over Steve Laffey; or Grayson over Rand; or Charlie Crist over Marco Rubio. I’m sure there are a lot more examples I can enumerate.

The article goes on about D’Annunzio’s tumultuous 1995 divorce and 1998 child-support case:

In a 1998 child-support judgment, Hoke County District Judge Richard Brown said D’Annunzio claimed the government stole designs for his vests and other products marketed to the Army.

The Judge alluded to D’Annunzio’s religious conversion and described him as “a self-described religious zealot.”


Jim Morrill wrote this twice in his article to make sure you didn’t miss the “self-described religious zealot,” comment. I’m sure Mr. Morrill and Judge Richard Brown thinks that anyone who attends church is a zealot. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mr. Morrill has a Darwin fish gobbling up little Christian fishes on the bumper of his hybrid car.

The article further besmirches D’Annunzio’s character:

Anne D’Annunzio alluded to her ex-husband’s conversion in a 1995 court document. She claimed he told her, among other things, that “God was going to drop a 1,000-mile high pyramid” on Greenland and that he had found the Ark of the Covenant in Arizona.

She told the court that a psychiatric evaluation might determine whether he was fit to visit his children. The 1995 evaluation concluded that D’Annunzio’s religious beliefs “do not seem delusional.”


Mr. Morrill would have us believe that a pissed off ex-wife in a contentious court case rarely exist. I’m sure he can disabuse himself of this notion just by walking a couple of blocks to the Mecklenburg County Courthouse, and watch the divorce cases in process. Oh, and don’t forget to bring your popcorn.

The ex-wife now lives in Godless California and the three children live here in North Carolina working for their bible thumping father. Praise be Jesus!!

This article goes on about the youthful indiscretions of D’Annunzio. Mr. Morrill paints a dark picture on a biased canvas. What he doesn’t realize, is that Mr. D’Annunzio has had successful life, warts and all. Maybe Mr. Morrill should move to California and room with Anne. They can relish in their mutual hatred of God and D’Annunzio.

No comments: