Thursday, August 1, 2013

IRS Employees Want Exemption from Obamacare



Remember all of the hollering and screaming by Democrats and their supporters such as unions and government workers for the passage of Obamacare?  Well, after they got their wish, they decided that they don’t want to be ensnared in this monstrosity.  Last month, one of the biggest unions in the country wanted an exemption.  A couple of days ago Detroit city workers demonstrated against the proposition of being subjected to Obamacare.  And today, the IRS wants an exemption from the very law they are employed to enforce.  The Weekly Standard reported the following exchange:

"Mr. Werfel, last week your employees who are a member of the National Treasury Employee's Union sent a form letter for union members to send in to ask they be exempt from the exchanges," a congressman asked. "Why are your employees trying to exempt themselves from the very law that you're tasked to enforce?"
"I don't want to speak for the NTEU, but I'll offer a perspective as a federal employee myself and a federal employee at the IRS," said the IRS chief. "And that is, we have right now as employees of the government, of the IRS, affordable health care coverage. I think the ACA was designed to provide an option or an alternative for individuals that do not. And all else being equal, I think if you're an individual who is satisfied with your health care coverage, you're probably in a better position to stick with that coverage than go through the change of moving into a different environment and going through that process. So I think for a federal employee, I think more likely, and I would -- can speak for myself, I would prefer to stay with the current policy that I'm pleased with rather than go through a change if I don't need to go through that change."


This is typical liberalism:  What is good for thee is not for me.


No comments: