Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sen. Lindsey Graham's Climate Revelation

Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina changed his mind on global warming and proclaimed that he will not support the cap and tax bill that he co-authored. The change is stunning considering his advocacy for controlling carbon.

"The science about global warming has changed," he noted, offhandedly. "I think they've oversold this stuff, quite frankly. I think they've been alarmist and the science is in question," Graham told reporters. "The whole movement has taken a giant step backward."

Oversold is an understatement; these scientist outright lied and manipulated data. The movement has taken a giant step backward only because it was exposed as a fraud.

Senator Graham still believes in profiting off of a carbon based economy. He explains in a twisted way:

It makes sense to me that the planet is heating up because you can measure heat. It's not a stretch to say that what goes into the air is contributing to global warming, but I don't want to be in the camp that says I know people in Northern Virginia will never see snow. At the end of the day, I think carbon pollution is worthy of being controlled, whether you believe in global warming or not. I do believe that all the CO2 gases, greenhouse gases from cars, trucks, and utility plants is not making us a healthier place, is not making our society better, and it's coming at the expense of our national security and our economic prosperity. So put me in the camp that it's worthy to clean up the air and make money doing so. This idea that carbon's good for you. I want that debate. There's a wing of our party who thinks carbon pollution is okay. I'm not in that wing.


Senator Graham stated that global warming was not his religion. We can only hope that his revelation will stop him from committing heresy on our republic and the economy.

Source: http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2010/06/graham-takes-climate-denial-plunge

No comments: