Thursday, March 28, 2013

Senator Kay Hagan Out of Touch With North Carolinians




Senator Kay Hagan is out of touch with North Carolinians. The citizens of this state overwhelming passed a constitutional amendment recognizing marriage as between one man and one woman.  Hagan sees things differently.










Hagan, one of the few Democratic senators who had not voiced support of gay marriage, made her announcement as the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments on a federal law that denies federal benefits to married same-sex couples.

“I know there are strong feelings on both sides, and I have a great deal of respect for their opinions,” Hagan said in an interview. “But after much thought and prayer on my part, this is where I am today.

“I know all our families do not look alike,” she added. “We all want the same thing for our families. We want happiness; we want health, prosperity, a bright future for our children and grandchildren. After conversations I’ve had with family members, with people I go to church with and with North Carolinians from all walks of life, I’ve come to my own personal conclusion that we should not tell people who they can love, or who they can marry. It’s time to move forward with this issue.”

Does anyone remember the ad candidate Hagan aired on television denouncing Senator Dole for questioning her “Christian values”?  I guess Mrs. Dole wasn’t too far off.  Was she?
 

 
Not only is Senator Hagan out of step on this issue, she forced Obamacare down our throats, and passed a monstrous spending bill that – surprise, surprise – didn’t help the economy at all.  Any thinking person could of, and did warn us of this misguided policy.
It’s time for Kay Hagan to go.  And if it weren’t for the 17th Amendment, she would’ve already been recalled.

No comments: