Sunday, January 23, 2011

Victim Politics Has Arrived!





It sure didn’t take long for the left to start playing victim politics. An ad targeting Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina portrays a woman named Agnes, who is a librarian with a torn rotator cup, pleading that the meanie from the Palmetto State not raise the retirement age for social security.

I’m sorry Agnes, but I’m going to have to rain on your pity party. If you can’t do your job, then you can apply for workman’s compensation. Agnes is lucky that she can do this. Unlike contractors who are forced to pay into the system and by law can’t collect. How perverse is that Agnes? I guess the small business owner is screwed again.

I know of a deck builder, who has for the past 14 years been working with unbelievable pain. He pops painkillers and Goody’s aspirin and still works his ass off. And believe me Agnes, pretreated lumber is a hell of a lot heavier than a book; and I’ve never heard of him complaining about his social security. As a matter of fact, what he does complain about is how much money he has to pay the IRS. I guess that is the difference between a small business owner and a government employee.

H/T:  Carolina Politics Online

No comments: