Published: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 08:21 PM.
Sen. Kay Hagen has consistently supported President Barack Obama during the course of her almost six years as our senator. She has supported the president, his appointees and the initiatives of the various executive agencies. Since we are daily bombarded with so many other issues by our media (most of which are owned by six corporations) there are so many other issues that escape our attention. Hagan has loyally stood by the President on the following issues:
* Fast and Furious — A Department of Justice operation that supplied firearms to Mexican drug traffickers, one or more of which were used to murder Border Patrol Officer Brian Terry.
* IRS targeting of political enemies and then lying about it. Remember Lois Learner? She was the IRS official that directed the targeting of “political enemies” and then refused to testify about it. Then much of her e-mail traffic was “lost” by the IRS due to a hard drive crash.
* According to Edward Snowden, the National Security Agency (NSA) is intercepting and storing our phone calls, email traffic, face book and twitter messages – all for future investigation; should it be deemed necessary in the furtherance of “National Security.” Does anyone really believe that targeted intercepts are not being shared with the IRS to prosecute political enemies? Whatever happened to our right to be secure in our person, homes and papers as prescribed in the Fourth Amendment in our Bill of Rights?
* Benghazi — Why was our Ambassador Stevens directed to go to that consulate where he was murdered? Why were forces that may have been able to save him told to stand down? Why were we initially told by Susan Rice, Hillary Clinton and other Administration officials that the Benghazi attack was the result of actions by a mob angry because of an anti-Muslim video when they and the president knew that was not true? The guy who produced the video was thrown in jail for at least a year for “abusing his computer” and never heard from again.
* Why was our Veterans Affairs (VA) allowed to deny medical and mental health services to hundreds of our veterans all over our country? Then they (VA administrators) lied about it when they got caught. What was done? Even more money was given to the VA and it is still being run by mostly the same people who were previously involved.
The list could easily continue but I am running out of both time and probably print space. Through all these events Sen. Kay Hagan has faithfully supported the president and his administration.
Finally, I must mention the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), which Hagan voted for with only three days to read almost 3,000 pages of legislation. How could she have read and understood that many pages that fast? Like the Act or not, we deserve a senator who will at least read and try to understand a bill before voting on it. I do understand “Party Loyalty” but to vote the party 96 percent of the time is a bit over the top, in my opinion.
My question is this: Do we want to send Hagan back to Washington as our representative for another six years?
I do not think she can be trusted to do what is right for our state or our country.