Sunday, February 21, 2016

Indiana Sheriff Stands Up to Federal Thugs



Backbone, that’s what local communities need when confronting an overzealous federal government and their legions of bureaucratic thugs.  A sheriff from Elkhart County in Indiana defended a farmer from FDA agents and their collaborators in the DOJ.  These government officials were trying to run this man out of business simply because he sells raw milk.  The Sheriff sent the following notice.

“I understand that you have made recent requests to (the farmer) for documents and to appear before a grand jury, and he has had a number of inspections and attempted inspections on his farm within Elkhart County.This is notice that any further attempts to inspect this farm without a warrant signed by a judge, based on probable cause, will result in federal inspectors’ removal or arrest for trespassing by my officers or I. In addition, if any further action is taken by the federal government on (the farmer), while he is in Elkhart County, I will expect that you or federal authorities contact my office prior to such action. I will expect you to forward this information to your federal associates, including the FDA.”

Shortly after the email was sent, the farmer received a certified letter from the DOJ that said his grand jury subpoena had been cancelled. No federal inspectors have visited the farm since 2011.
[…]
“Your local elected officials … can stem the tide of federal overreach if they apply just a little backbone in supporting and defending the Constitution. Expect it! Demand it!,” Rogers wrote. “Some bloggers and natural food writers have hailed me as a hero. I’m no hero. I’m just doing my job

Defending the Constitution isn’t that easy when Washington D.C. has little to no regard for the rule of law.

Source:

No comments: